FOOD IS FUEL ON MOUNT KILIMANJARO
To give you the very best chance of success on one of our Mount Kilimanjaro treks in Tanzania, we select a suitable route based on in-depth discussions with yourself coupled with our personal expertise, we consider all on-going aspects of each trek on the ground, as it happens. This includes perhaps most importantly, your nutritional needs.
We are proud to say that all the meals you consume whilst on a Sandgrouse Travel & Expeditions trek to the summit of Mount Kilimanjaro are devised by a professional nutritionist, and prepared by specially-trained local chefs to be nutritious, calorific and delicious.
Our custom designed food transport methods and regular mountain resupplies keep food perfectly fresh and allow us to change the menu each day, even at 15,000ft above sea level.
SAMPLE FOOD MENU
Below is an example of a typical day's menu option whilst on one of our treks to the summit of Africa's highest mountain, Mount Kilimanjaro:
- BREAKFAST: Eggs made to order, sausages, toast, hash browned potatoes, banana bread / muffins, granola with cold milk, selection of fresh fruits, fruit juice, hot coffee, lemon grass tea and cocoa
- LUNCH: Chicken breast sandwiches, pasta salad, crudites, salami and a selection of fresh fruits
- AFTERNOON TEA: Hot coffee, lemon grass tea and cocoa served with homemade cookies with cheese, popcorn and roasted nuts
- DINNER: Different soups, chinese rice / Italian-style lasagna, green bean salad, fresh fruit salad served in a watermelon
- TRAIL SNACKS: Mixed nuts or fresh-roasted peanuts, mixed dried organic fruits, fresh locally grown fruits. Home-made cookies, candy bars, popcorn. We advise bringing a small selection of your favourite snack bars from home too. Our favoutite energy packed snacks can be found here: Clif Bars
- N.B. Vegetarian, Vegan, Dairy-free, Gluten-free and other special dietary needs can be accommodated with advance notice.
(Lunches can be served on trail in the sunshine surrounded by beautiful nature). Click image to enlarge.
Meals are served in a solar-lit, custom-built dining tent as you relax in comfortable easy chairs with backs and armrests. Here you can enjoy sharing stories with your experienced local guides and group members.
VEGETARIAN, VEGAN, DAIRY-FREE, GLUTEN-FREE, FOOD ALLEGIES: WE'VE GOT IT COVERED
Vegetarian, vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free and other special dietary needs can be accommodated with advance notice, so please let us know during the planning phase of your trek. Similarly if you suffer from any allergies we can make sure these foods do not appear on the menu, and are even not taken on the trek by any group members if you wish.
DAILY FRESH DRINKING WATER
In addition to our care and attention to what we consume on a nutritional front, we take very seriously our drinking water requirments and the need for fresh water.
We purify all our clients and staff drinking water using P&G 'PUR' packets. For additional information on this please speak to a Sandgrouse Travel & Expeditions consultant who can direct you to a informative short video highlighting how P&G's product works.
(Clients enjoy the truly stunning Tanzanian scenery on remote tracks and trails). Click image to enlarge.
ARE YOU PLANNING TO CLIMB MOUNT KILIMANJARO?
If the answer is YES, contact Sandgrouse Travel & Expeditions today for more details on possible trekking routes that will suit you and your group. We will be here to assist you step by step in making your dream of climbing Kilimanjaro to come true.
To send us your enquiry please click here: ENQUIRE NOW. One of our dedicated travel consultants will give you a call at a time that suits you for an initial chat.